- Carry On Australian Daybill Movie Posters
- The Wayward Bus Australian Daybill Original or Reissue
- Camille Daybill – Original or Reissue Movie Poster
- Aub Moseley one of our great Australian Movie Poster Artists
- BUTCH CASSIDY Daybill Movie Poster Original or Reissue
- Australia Day Movie Poster Auction
- LINEN BACKING MOVIE POSTERS – Wallpaper Paste or Wheat Paste?
- Linen Backed Movie Posters – a word of Warning
- High Society Daybill Movie Poster – Original or Reissue?
- Kevin Brianton Collector Profile Richardson Studio Movie Posters
- Alfred Hitchcock Australian Movie Posters
- Queensland Gallery of Modern Art Movie Poster Presentation report
- Endless Summer Sundays Queensland Gallery of Modern Art
- Mad Max Australian Movie Posters – Original or Reissue?
- Golden Years of Television Australian Daybill TV Series Movie Posters
- Australian Movie Poster Misprints and Errors – are they more valuable?
- Australian Movie Poster Collectors Profile: Vesna Babic
- Profile of a Movie Poster Collector: Rick Bayne
- Movie Poster Exhibition in Brisbane Extended by Popular Demand!
- PROFILES OF MOVIE POSTER COLLECTORS: Matthew Kerr
- PROFILE OF A MOVIE POSTER COLLECTOR: Brian Arnold
- THE CARS THAT ATE PARIS: Original or Reissue Daybill?
- Robert Burton Printers Movie poster artists
- Robert Burton Printers – Movie Posters
- Highest Priced Australian Movie Poster
- Ask Any Girl Daybill: Original of Reissue?
- Guns of Navarone Daybill: Original or Reissue?
- Creature with the Atom Brain Daybill: Original or Reissue?
- The Early Years: 1900 – 1941
- The Wartime Daybills: 1941-1945
Endless Summer Sundays Queensland Gallery of Modern Art
I will be guest speaker at the Queensland Gallery of Modern Art talking Movie Posters Sunday 3rd Nov as part of their Endless Summer Sundays California Design Living in a Modern Way exhibition.
I will be talking about Movie Poster design focusing on the artwork and Australian movie posters. The presentation will include information on:
- Major Auctions
- Who are the collectors and what do they collect?
- Surfing related Movie Posters – including an original Endless Summer Australian poster
- Famous Collectors
- Are Movie posters a good investment?
- Most valuable Movie Posters
- Where Movie posters have been found.
- Modern Movie Posters – will they be valuable in time?
- Finding Collections
- Recommended websites including www.moviemem.com
- Starting out as a new collector
We will conclude the presentation with a Q and A session from the audience.
Here’s part of what is happening at the Exhibition….
Spend Sunday afternoons soaking up the sun at QAG and revisit the era of mid-century cool — swing, vintage and retro fashion, old-school glamour and design. With West Coast-inspired cuisine and homemade lemonade from the QAG Cafe, transport yourself to the golden age of California without leaving Brisbane.
12 noon – 4.00pm | Swing DJ
Lindy Hop and croon along to the sounds of Swing luminaries Count Basie, Lucky Millinder, Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong with a special guest swing DJ from Brisbane-based Empire Swing school.
12noon – 4.00pm | Tasting California Modern
Enjoy delicious pulled pork nachos and homemade lemonade served fresh by our Gallery chefs.
12.00pm | Collecting California Modern
Hear the stories of passionate local collectors set within the ‘California Design’ exhibition
- Sunday 3 November
John Reid is a dealer in vintage movie memorabilia and collector of original movie posters
- Sunday 15 December:
Lisa Enright owns and runs Atomic Martini, a vintage boutique in the Brisbane suburb of Clayfield, and is particularly devoted to mid-20th century fashion.
- Sunday 9 February:
Bob McTavish is an Australian surf industry pioneer who has been making and shaping surfboards since 1962.
12.30pm | Looking California Modern
Learn how to create the look of ‘California Modern’ from the 1940s, 50s and 60s with a tutorial in make-up, hair, style and glamour from Headmistress Chrissy Keepence from the Lindy Charm School for Girls.
1.30pm | Moving California Modern
Get your toes tapping with a swing dance performance from Brisbane-based Empire Swing school, and join in the fun with a free interactive lesson.
2.30pm | Talking California Modern | Lecture Theatre, QAG
Explore the ‘California Design’ exhibition through the histories of modernist architecture, fashion and music.
- Sunday 3 November:
Opening Weekend special event – Locality and Design
A lively discussion hosted by Sarah Kanowski, Presenter of ABC Radio National’s Weekend Arts program, together with special guests.
- Sunday 15 December:
The History of Jeans
Dr Chris McAuliffe, art historian, examines the significance of this classic symbol of the casual western lifestyle in popular culture and art.
- Sunday 9 February:
The Birth of Rock ‘n’ Roll, Teen Idols and Surf Sounds
Dr Peter Freeman, Associate Lecture, School of Music , The University of Queensland, reflects on the evolution of music in the mid-20th century.